Join my new Ahoj PDX friend Kateřina Bohadlová on Wednesday, May 30th, at MacTarnahan’s Taproom for an evening of music and merriment to benefit a not-for-profit project of the Czech contemporary theater company Geisslers Hofcomoedianten. A founder of Geisslers, Kateřina is bringing the Prague-based troupe to Portland for dates from October 15th to 18th.
In addition to nightly performances of Moliere’s “The Miser” (see clip below) Geisslers Hofcomoedianten will also lead workshops with with students at PSU and Lewis & Clark College, exchange experiences with local artists, and meet with the community.
For your $30 cash at the door, you will get:
- Two beers and delicious brewery-made goodies for dinner
- Live piano music
- Silent auction with real Czech products
- Short video introduction to Geisslers Hofcomoedianten
- Great music and show by Portland based company Hand2Mouth Theater, the partner on the project and special event guest
Asked about motivations for this Czech-American cultural exchange, Kateřina said, “The company has just celebrated a 10th anniversary and there is no better gift than to perform for international audiences and exchange with international artists. Allow us to share our experience and help us to build a bridge from Prague to Portland with your attendance at the Benefit event!”
The Portland dates are:
- 10/15 at Lewis & Clark College
- 10/16 at Portland State University
- 10/17 at Portland State University
- 10/18 at Lewis & Clark College
About Geisslers Hofcomoedianten
The company Geisslers Hofcomoedianten built its body of work on unifying the Baroque cultural heritage with the contemporary theater principles and tools. Based in Prague and Kuks—a unique cultural Baroque site in Bohemia—the company offers a new take on the universal themes inspired in the fertile Baroque era. The company earned recently many awards in the field of experimental theatre and has its regular place in Prague’s theater scene.